Many Microsoft Surface users claiming the common issue with Microsoft Surface Pro 5 2017 Tablet. When they try to power turn on the device it’s stuck on logo and start flashing and sometimes it goes into UEFI settings. I received the same cases for the last three months. There are many things that are responsible for the boot loop and stuck on logo problem. Today’s post i will tell you some simple steps to sort out this issue.
Surface Pro 5 2017 stuck at Logo Problem
First, try these instruction given from Microsoft support. then we will go further to find the exact issue.
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
- When pressing the power button, do you see a spinning dots below the Microsoft logo?
- Do you see a progress bar or message beneath the Microsoft logo?
- What is the operating system currently running on your Surface Pro 5? (Windows 10 S or Windows 10)
Here are the basic troubleshooting steps we suggest you do:
1. Remove all the external devices.
– External devices can sometimes cause the device to boot incorrectly.
– Leave the Surface plugged into the power supply included with the device, but remove all external devices including USB drives, SD cards, or even keyboard/mouse dongles.
2. Force the device to shut down and restart.
– Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. The device may be in a “hung” state. Force Surface to completely turn off all power and restart.
– After two consecutive failed attempts to start Windows, the Recovery Menu will appear.
Select See advanced repair options to open a Choose an option menu.
3. Select Advance repair option (This won’t affect personal files.)
From the Choose an option menu, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
4. If prompted for the BitLocker recovery key, select Skip this Drive.
By the way, you can also check here your BitLocker Code.