Yesterday i received Surface Pro 2017 model with LCD light turn off automatically when we try to work on screen after 5 to 10 seconds. Screen light turned off when touch being touched. On type cover (Keyboard) Device was working fine, the only problem comes when we try to touch screen. By entering UEFI(Bios) Lcd was also working fine and there is no issue with the light, the touch screen was also working fine. Today i will show you how i solved this problem with Surface Pro 5 2017.
You cannot perform these steps without Surface type cover, USB keyboard or mouse, or Bluetooth keyboard or mouse.
Check Touch Screen Driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the results.
- Expand the Human Interface Devices category.
- Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, select Uninstall device, and then, in the Uninstall Device dialog box, select Uninstall. If you see two HID-compliant touchscreen drivers, right-click the first, select Uninstall device, select Uninstall, and then repeat the process for the second driver.
4. Restart your Surface. It will automatically download and install the touchscreen driver when you connect to the Internet.
Check for updates
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- After the updates are installed, at the right under Windows Update, select Restart now. The surface may restart several times, depending on the updates installed. Hopefully, your problem will be solved by using this method, Because I used the same method to solve touch screen light off the issue by using the same method. However, the last and final step is to recover your surface device windows from recovery USB Drive.
Please leave a comment if u have the same issue after following these steps. we will try our best to reply as soon as possible to resolve your issue.